Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Ultimate Forgiveness

 






I recently found a small book by Dr. David Jeremiah in my pile of ‘things’. It is entitled “Why The Nativity?”


The book contains 25 different questions people may have about Christmas. In the last chapter, question 25, Dr. Jeremiah makes two very interesting thoughts.


* “Finally, we should believe in Jesus because only through him can we find forgiveness for every sin- past, present and future-and thus live with the hope of eternal life.” (1.)


* “We should believe in Jesus because he is our one and only hope of forgiveness in this world and of joyful existence in the next.” (2.)


God forgives us because of His love for each one of us. He does not keep a ledger book of our life that highlights our transgressions. When we ask His Son into our hearts, Jesus takes away our sin. He did that at Calvary.


And for that, we who know Him are eternally grateful.


_____________

(1.) Why The Nativity, David Jeremiah, © 2006, Tyndale Momentum, Carol Stream, IL p.109


(2.) Why The Nativity, David Jeremiah, © 2006, Tyndale Momentum, Carol Stream, IL p. 110


10 comments:

  1. Yes, Cecelia, I am eternally grateful for God's love in Christ Jesus!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your comment. Each of us, His children, must remember what He did for us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful thoughts. I really like David Jeremiah. I remember hearing him speak at a conference many many years ago, before he was so well known. I liked him then too! A wise man gifted by God. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us. So thankful for Jesus, and what He did for us on Calvary. Without Him, we'd be lost forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Yes, David Jeremiah speaks the truth. God has blessed us with Dr. Jeremiah and his messages. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and profound thoughts to reflect on, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna: Thank you for your comment and for dropping by. God has been very good to my family, and I try to give Him the glory.
      Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Also, peace and blessings.

      Delete
  4. This book sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy: This would be a good one to have to read annually. I passed it on to our Sunday school class leader. I just might have to get another one for myself. I will wait and see. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. Forgiveness is definitely a Divine gift, both in the giving and the receiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Thank you for stopping by. Yes, it is true that forgiveness is a divine gift. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

August Reflections

  lacyazorleepages,dev Getting Back in the Swing of Things I thought I found myself getting back to feeling like doing some things....