Thursday, April 18, 2024

Renew a Right Spirit

 


Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:10 (ESV)

Prayer of David


The prophet Nathan had confronted David about his sin with Bathsheba. David recognized that what he had done was sinful in God’s eyes.

David knew he had to repent. He had sinned against God and done evil. My question today is this: When we sin how long does it take us to realize our error?

Monday, Jim and I went looking for kitchen chairs. Our first stop was at a thrift shop, and they didn’t have any “at this time.” We then went to Walmart. I had to do a lot of walking to find someone to help us and then to find the area we wanted. They didn’t have anything but folding chairs. As we were leaving, my upper left leg began to tighten up on me. I wasn’t sure of what was going on. I asked Jim to bring the car up near the entrance. He did.


He decided we’d go get something to eat at a buffet restaurant. I told him, I would wait in the car. I had to tell him how much my leg hurt. I actually got profane about it.

I immediately felt I had sinned.

At the buffet, he dropped me off at the door and went and parked the car. He helped me get my food. He went and got the car and met me at the front door when we left.

Prayer: Dear Father God; Please forgive us when we sin. Guide our paths and our words as we face difficult issues in our lives. Help us to stand for you as we face certain unusual events in our walk through this life. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen.



6 comments:

  1. Oh Cecelia, I am sorry you were having such pain in your leg. I know how debilitating that can be, and I am glad your hubby was able to get you to the door, etc., so that you didn't have to walk to far. I hope your leg is feeling better by now and that you are resting it. I hope you can find the chairs you are looking for without having to do much more searching. May God direct your steps to the right place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. My best friend told me of a place on the south side of town that has several chairs we can choose from. God truly knows what we need. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I know God heard your prayer and has already forgiven you. I believe He also saw what you were going through and totally understood, but still He loves to hear us ask for forgiveness...and He is already there, willing to forgive. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has already forgiven me for something else I messed up this week. I know He does love me. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  3. When I mess up, Cecelia, and know that what I've done or left undone is sinful, I simply don't feel right unless I ask God's forgiveness. That, sadly, sometimes takes longer than it should. We know that none of us is perfect for all have sinned and fall short of God's expectations. Yet, He graciously accepts us back into His fold when we confess and ask for His forgiveness.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that, as Pam said, He is patient and will wait for us to realize where we erred. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...