Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Trust, at All Times

 





In God is my salvation and my glory;

The rock of my strength,

And my refuge is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;

Pour out your heart before Him;

God is a refuge for us.

Psalm 62:7-8 (NKJV)


Words of David


David gives testimony to what roles God has in his life.

God is David’s;

Salvation

God and God alone saved David.


Glory

David continually gave glory to God


Rock of his strength

God is the source of what David can do, can withstand.


David then tells his readers, and us, to rely on God at all times. He urges the people to tell God all that is on their hearts. He goes so far to tell them that God is a safe place for all of us.


From time to time, we all have circumstances that enter our lives that seem so difficult to those around us. A personal illness, a family illness, a long-standing situation between ourselves and others. When we trust God for the outcome, we can get through the circumstances.


A lady I saw recently told that her daughter was in hospice care. The lady wondered why we have to go through such prolonged times of tough times. She had heard that we are to learn humility. I believe we are allowed to learn to trust God more, to trust God with everything-everything we have and everything we are.

2 comments:

  1. May we all learn to trust God in every circumstance, open to whatever it is He is trying to teach us.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your warm thoughts. Yes, we have to trust Him in EVERY circumstance in our lives. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

August Reflections

  lacyazorleepages,dev Getting Back in the Swing of Things I thought I found myself getting back to feeling like doing some things....