Tuesday, October 1, 2024

September Reflections

 




An Interesting Month

September has truly been an interesting month. We have had summer weather and fall weather alternating with each other, a week at a time.


We had drought conditions. Our city posted no-fire orders. The third weekend of the month, on Friday night, the area to the north of our city received rain as their Heritage Days festival was commencing.


On Saturday, our church hosted a Community Market and had a lot of vendors fill part of of our parking lot. The weather was warm and clear.


On that Sunday, we had a 90th birthday party for one of our ladies in the congregation. Her family hosted the event. About 12:00, someone looked outside and said, “It’s raining.”


It was coming down hard. (I thought it would start about 1:00 P. M. so, before I left home, I didn’t grab mu raincoat. I couldn’t think where an umbrella was.) I asked a gentleman to do me a favor and drive me across the parking lot to where my car was. He did. Not until I stepped out of his car, could I see the water was standing. My canvas flats filled up with water through the soles. When I got home. I had to put them on our porch to dry out. I also dropped my purse in that water.


A Big Answer to Prayer


The lady who leads our Sunday school class, recently had a mishap. She is disabled, in a wheelchair, and could not manage to get into their car so her husband could take her to work. She is the treasurer of our church. They realized their need to seriously look for a transport van so she would not have to manipulate getting into and out of the wheelchair several times when they had to be out. Several of us at church prayed that they find an affordable transport van. On the 24th of September, they went car shopping and found what they needed. I called to check on them that evening and she shared the good news with me. They found what they needed on that day. All who have heard and will hear this news, I’m certain, will be praising God for this.


Hurricane Helene


Our area, like a lot of the south and the mid-west, were on alert about being in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene. Rain was predicted for at least three straight days. The lady who gives the weather on one of our local TV channels was very stern about the forecast and the precautions we need to take.. I believe it rained every day that week. This is after we experienced drought conditions for quite sometime.


Writing


I haven’t done much writing until now. I intend to, as the LORD leads me. I, recently mentioned a book title at Bible Study. As we were preparing to leave my one friend asked me where she could get a book other than Amazon. I thought she meant the book I mentioned. I found that one on another website. I sent her the link. She clarified what she was asking. She wanted to know about “my latest book”. I had to tell her I had only done one book. Maybe God is trying to tell me something.


Searching for WOTY 2025


I have a list of possible words to consider for the upcoming year. Right now, there are five. I believe I have chosen the word, unless God chooses another one for me.


Prayers Please


Please pray for me. I need discernment in a certain area of my life.


2 comments:

  1. You certainly had a lot happening in your life in September, Cecelia. Wonderful news about your much-needed rain and the couple who were able to get a transport van. I'm praying for you, and ask that you continue praying for so many in the southern states who have lost homes, businesses, cell service and electricity.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: I will continue to pray for those hurricane victims. In my news section of my phone, I saw where there could be THREE new tropical storms coming up to the US.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

September Reflections

  An Interesting Month September has truly been an interesting month. We have had summer weather and fall weather alternating with ...