Tuesday, October 22, 2024

How Do We Pray?

 

gethsemaneeclc.org 




if My people who are called by My name

will humble themselves, and pray

and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways,

then I will hear from heaven,

and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)



When we pray to God, do we ask Him to approve our plans or do we ask Him to guide us in the way He wants us to go?


According to what I read in the above scripture:


1.) We must humble ourselves. Admit that we are imperfect, and we do not know it all.


2.) We must pray to Him, seeking <I>His</I> guidance.


3.) We must spend quantity time talking to God. We are not to make it a practice of praying “on the run”. We are not supposed to have an attitude of “catch You later, God.”


4.) We must repent (turn away) from our sinful, evil ways.


5.) God tells us if we take these steps, He will (a) hear from heaven, (b) forgive our sins, and (c) 

 heal our land.


The above thoughts have become more real to me recently. I find that these thoughts and this question confront me when I have an issue with a topic or an issue that is close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

How Do We Pray?

  gethsemaneeclc.org  if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wi...