Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Genuine Worship

Sodahead.com


“And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world,
he says. ‘Let all God’s angels worship him.’” Hebrews 1:6 (NIV)

As I researched this month’s topic, I discovered this verse. It tells me two important messages.
“. . . when God brings his firstborn into the world . . .” The author says, ‘when’  God brings Jesus back to this world. He states with certainty that God will send His Son back to earth.

“’Let all God’s angels worship him.’” The angels will worship the Lord. William Barclay in The Letter to the Hebrews tells us the writer is explaining that Jesus is superior to the angels.

In our world today, believers in God know that all those around us are on the same plane when we think about our goodness or sinfulness –we are all sinners saved by grace.

How should we react to Jesus when He comes again? Paul writes that we should humble ourselves and worship the Lord. (Philippians 2:10) What had made this verse come alive for me is this: Paul tells us that ALL people-those in heaven, those who have already entered and the angels, those on earth (both those who have lived for Him as well as those who have not,) and those who have, by their own behavior, been sent to Hades.
Several years ago, the believers of God seemed to be in love with the idea of guardian angels. People used them to decorate their homes. I had a business relationship with some people who had 100 angelic dolls and ceramic pieces in their home. They took advantage of my situation. I had to ask God to intervene in my thinking about them.


Graphic from:: sodahead.com

2 comments:

  1. yes, we are ALL sinners saved by grace. That is, grace is the ONLY way (faith in the saving grace of God) that we can know we have eternal life in Christ. Guardian Angels are nice to have...but they don't save our souls. They may help save us from peril here on the earth, but only Jesus can save our souls from destruction in Hell. The angels know that...and thus they bow down and worship Him as well. What a glorious day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a Catholic I worship only God, I believe is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in one God. Yet I also HONOR Mary, the Virgin Mother of Jesus and pray to her to ask her to pray for me, just like I pray to our guardian angels and ask them to intercede for us. We only WORSHIP God.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...