Monday, February 12, 2018

God Rewards Our Love for Him


Crosscards.com


Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “How is it you will manifest yourself to us and not to the world? Jesus answered him. “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23 (ESV)

Jesus answers Judas’ question in a very direct and, yet, deep way.

“If anyone loves me,” This is conditional. He states that we are to respond to Him in love and in caring ways. We know we are to pray, to read God’s Word, and treat others as we would want to be treated. 

“he will keep my word,” The person who loves God learns from His word how he or she should act in given situations. We have to learn to incorporate those teachings into our hearts and into our behavior.

“my Father will love him,” God will love us when we are obedient to what he tells us. I have learned that I cannot say, “I know what God says about this but I think I will do what I want.” When I have done this, I have unknowingly disrespected God by thinking I know more than God.

“we will come to him” Here, we read where God and Jesus comes to those who love God and keeps His word. They come to us in times of trial and tribulation. (I checked a Thesaurus, another word for tribulation is adversity.) God blesses us with good times and wonderful gifts. He brings us comfort when we hurt or grieve.

“and make our home with him.” Jesus lives in the hearts of all who yield their lives to Him.

It’s that simple. We yield our lives to Jesus and we receive all He has for us. God will live with us.




2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that God is not just for us and with us, but lives IN us, when we obey Jesus' words. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette: A friend at church sings a song entitled, "Christ in Me." It's a beautiful song. Are you familiar with it?

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...