Monday, July 30, 2018

When God Changes Our Plans

Pinterest


From now on, then, you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God's will and not by human desires. 1Peter 4:2 (GNT)

As I sit here beginning to work on my writing this week, I have to think about how my week could look. (In searching for a scripture, I found these words in a Good News Translation. It speaks to me.)

Yesterday afternoon, we received a phone call from Hubby’s lifelong friend. They have a mutual cousin. This mutual cousin had major surgery ten days earlier. The cousin passed away yesterday morning.

As we don’t know any of the arrangements or even if Hubby will feel up to going the 100 miles to attend the funeral, I am more or less placing most of my week’s activities on a temporary hold. When I find out what our plans are, I will notify those whom I need to notify. In fact, I have shared with most of them what has happened as a courtesy and have told them I will let them know if, in fact, I can’t attend.

God has given me peace about all this. I can reschedule a gathering I had called. That is something involving close friends.

When God changes our plans, He has a reason for His actions. In this instance, it is not about me. It’s about Him and our cousin’s immediate family.  

As most of you know, my word for this year is obedience. I am learning quite a lot about how important it is to obey the LORD in the day-to-day and the week-by-week events of my life.


Since I have adopted this word for this year, I have had peace about the majority things in my life and believe I have grown closer to God.

4 comments:

  1. What a word can do... wow. I have a funeral tomorrow from my sister-in'-law's mother. In a way it is easy to make room for such things, nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: My condolences on your family's loss. You are right when you say: "Nothing else matters." In the past few years, I have learned a lot about living for God. Someone told me this week, "Family comes first." God will comfort your sister-in-law during her time of grief.

      Peace and Blessings

      Delete
  2. It maked my life much more easy to realise that anything is under Gods contol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma: Yes, realizing that God is in control makes our lives easier to handle. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...