Friday, August 3, 2018

Strength for Our Souls


www.pinterest.com


I bow down toward your holy temple
    and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
    for you have exalted above all things
    your name and your word.
On the day I called, you answered me;
    my strength of soul you increased
Psalm 138:2-3 (ESV)

I bow down toward your holy temple
David humbles himself before God. As we go to God in prayer, we should also humble ourselves before Him.
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
 He thanks Him for his steadfast love and faithfulness. When we are in prayer, we should also thank God for his being there with us during times of stress and difficulties that occur in our daily lives.
for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
He recognizes God has lifted up His name and His Word. As God’s children, we need to be aware that God’s name is above all other names and His Word is likewise elevated above all other thoughts and writings done by man.
On the day I called, you answered me;
David acknowledges that God has answered him. Do we thank Him for the answers He gives us? We always have to remember God can answer in one of three ways, yes, no. or wait. We need to thank Him for whatever answer He gives.

my strength of soul you increased.

God strengthened David’s soul. As we learn to pray in a way that is acceptable to the LORD, He will give us the strength we need to face whatever challenges this life brings our way.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful for God's answers to prayers...even the "No", or "Wait" answers. Time usually reveals why those answers were so perfect. It takes faith to accept God's answers when we want it "our way" so much...but knowing that God is in control in all circumstances helps us to accept His Will. Thank you for this timely message today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Pam: I had some technical difficulties. Thank you for the sage wisdom in your comment. I have had times when I looked back on a situation and realized that God kept me and my family from harm or danger. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...