Friday, October 11, 2019

Faith is Assurance

See the source image
Self -evaluation page 3 wordpress.com

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 (ESV)

The writer of Hebrews teaches us a great lesson about faith. Have you ever been positive that something good was going to transpire and it did? You exercised your faith.

For several years, I would imagine a future activity that would not turn out as I had thought it would. I began to find times like that depressed me. One evening, I thought about all those times when things did not go as I wanted. I had a long talk with Jesus about this.

I told Him I would not ‘look forward’ to anything ever again. (This was wrong thinking.) Later, I realized my former way of looking at those upcoming events was my relying on my understanding and not trusting God (Proverbs 3:4-5)

When we trust God, we believe that He is in control of us, of our hearts, and any upcoming event we may have on our schedule.
The writer tells us what faith is. He doesn’t say, “Faith might be” or “Faith was. …” Our focal verse is a positive description of this very basic ingredient in our Christian life.
Each of us must live out our faith daily. How do we do that in these times? We can do this through prayer and through working for Him in various ways. What are some ways you live out your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...