Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Everlasting Father

 

 

Switchbacks.org

He shall be called. . . Everlasting Father. . . Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)

 

Jesus, the Son of God, is eternal. There is no end to His kingdom. And He is our heavenly Father. We can tell Him anything and He will understand what our thinking is. If we look at something incorrectly, He gently guides us through how we are supposed to think, and He forgives us. He does these things out of His love and grace for us.

 

He willingly forgives us because of His great, undying love for us. His is our Father forever.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia, thank you for doing this blog series on the names based on Isaiah 9. I must have missed the first two posts somehow. We were reading the other day how the name Jesus was revealed at His circumcision. it reminded us of how the name of Jesus was revealed to us when we had the circumcision of our hearts.
    May you have a blessed Christmas, I hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: I have always loved the passage from Isaiah 9:6. We actually rely on those names of Jesus without realizing it. As I have come to know Him more, I have learned that I do that very thing-rely on Him. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I love knowing that Jesus is our "Everlasting Father". That means forever and ever! Eternal! That is Good News!! We can rely on Him always. That is something that is missing in this world...reliable people. But GOD is everlasting...we can count on Him forever!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...