Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Bless The LORD

 









I will bless the LORD at all times;

His praise shall continually be in

my mouth.

My soul shall make its boast in the

LORD;

The humble shall hear of it and be glad.

Psalm 34:1-2 (NKJV)


Words Penned by David



I will bless the LORD at all times;


David appears to be thankful for all the LORD has done for him.


Are we thankful for all He has done for us?



His praise shall continually be in

my mouth.


David states that he will always give praise to God.


Do we, as 21st Century followers of Jesus, give God praise in every circumstance we face? Yes, I realize some of what we face is less than desirable. But, when we are faced with difficulties, we must praise Him for being there with us and guiding us through.



My soul shall make its boast in the

LORD;


David states that he will praise the LORD from his soul.


We sometimes have to give praise to God silently. Some people call this type of praise a heart praise.



The humble shall hear of it and be glad.


David believed that those burdened with issues would hear of his relationship with the LORD and how he is always praising Him.


On the day of my initial writing this, I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Jim. I also needed to get some vitamin supplements. They were out of the brand I prefer. The manager of that store helped me out by finding one that saved me some money. She and I talked; she was having a rough day. A condition with the status of that store has caused problems. I listened and asked her if I could pray for her right then. We stood there, held hands, and I prayed.



2 comments:

  1. I loved hearing about the exchange of prayer between the pharmacist and you, Cecelia! May we ever be prepared for those opportunities when we can share our love for the Lord with others.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane; Thank you for your kind thoughts. It was the manager of the store. She is a very nice lady. Peace and blessings to you.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

WORSHIP SONGS

VICTORY IN JESUS An old hymn with a different voice. A new song. Our praise band played and sang it. Jesus Strong and Kind This is one I rea...