Friday, January 19, 2024

A Closer Look at My Word

 


fineartamerica.com


I participate in a Facebook group called One Word 2024. This is the exercise we are asked to do for January.

___________________________________________________________________________________

1.Where Is My Word?

My word, TRUST, appears on my journal cover. I try to write in it every day; so, I see it every day. It is in a gift of prayer cards that sometimes guide me when I pray. It appears on some small note pads I received from a friend.





I read several devotional books. Oswald Chambers’ My Utmost for His Highest has several entries dealing with my word. I also have run across my word in The Upper Room and Our Daily Bread.


2.What Does My Word Look Like?

Picture, if you will, a small child sitting on his or her father’s lap. The child has his or her eyes focused on the father’s face as he speaks. The child is engrossed in hearing what the father says.


3. Why This Word?

God chose this word for me. I had one word “chosen”. Then I found another word that seemed to speak to me. But, as, I was finishing praying for someone, I heard “she has to have trust for the outcome.” As I typed the beginning of this post, I received a phone call from a dear friend from church. A lady, for whom we have been praying, could be very close to meeting Jesus in the next week. We are and have been trusting God in all this.

12 comments:

  1. Trust in the Lord, always and everywhere, Cecelia.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your kind words. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Yes, TRUST is a powerful word. Where would we be without our trust and faith in the Lord? He is altogether trustworthy and will not leave us without hope. Praying with you for your friend. May her passage into heaven be sweet and beautiful. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam: Of we didn't have trust and faith in our Lord, we would not have love for Him. Paul said it very well. There would be no substance to our witness for Christ. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that word and I hope you will grow in trusting Him from day to day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marja: Thank you for your positive with for me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust was my WOTY a couple years ago. The scripture on your journal is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodee: Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am discovering more about my word every day. Pece and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  7. I love that your word is on your journal cover and that you write every day. Such a beautiful practice! I'm glad you were given this word; it's an important one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Right now, it is a very important word. On Monday our Pastor, Rick Jones suffered a stroke. He just got out of ICU, I believe, this morning. One of our gentlemen in our congregation will bring the message this Sunday (2/4) On 2/11, we will have an interim pastor. Please pray for us. Cross Roads Global Methodist Church.

      Delete
  8. I love that your word is on the front of your journal where you are sure to see it every time you write. I need to find a way to keep my word, stillness, before me so I will remember to find time for stillness. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl: Thank you for your comment. One year I had peace as my WOTY. I found a wooden sign that was in my favorite color with PEACE painted on it in white. I still have it in my computer room. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Is Anything That Bad?

  This is not my usual type of blog post. It is something that is on my mind and my heart. Please forgive me if I offend you for this deep s...